JOB OPENING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, WAKE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Needed: High energy, dedicated, organized and entrepreneurial person able to work with diverse constituency to advance a common agenda; partisan Democrat with a practical perspective and the motivation to work long hours for not enough money for the privilege of whipping Republicans in the State's most important Democratic County.
We are looking for someone with a background in nonprofit management or political operations. Database and word processing skills are a must, as is the ability to keep smiling.
The Wake County Democratic Party needs a new Executive Director. Our current superstar is moving on, and we need someone to pick up the ball and carry it across the goal line. If you are that person, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org, RE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OPENING.
Here's the full job description from the Wake Dems. If you have questions, you can ask me, or email Keith Karlsson at the email@example.com address.
Wake County Democratic Party
220 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
The Executive Director manages the daily operations of the WCDP, reporting to the WCDP Chair.
Duties and Responsibilities
• handles communications, including press releases, newsletters and other WCDP publications, electronic newsletters and other mass emails, and content on the Party website
• oversees the planning, coordination and promotion of Party events, including board meetings, precinct meetings, County Executive Committee meetings, county conventions, fundraising events, and training
• identifies volunteer needs, recruits volunteers, and coordinates volunteer activities
• supports WCDP committees, precinct organizations, regional groups, and candidate campaigns
• responds to phone and email inquiries regarding Party activities, candidates, elections, and voter registration
• works with the WCDP Treasurer to produce campaign finance reports required by the Board of Elections
• maintains financial records, reconciles bank statements, handles check requests, deposits, and disbursements
• works with the Treasurer and the Chair to develop the annual budget
• works on fundraising with the Chair, the Fundraising Chair, and the Fundraising Committee
• maintains computer files, including WCDP databases and the North Carolina Democratic Party VAN
• acts as office manager, operates office machines, arranges for maintenance and repair, orders supplies
• reports required information to the NCDP, including precinct meeting attendees, precinct officers, WCDP officers, district and state convention delegates, and State Executive Committee members
Get Out The Vote Campaigns
• helps develop campaign strategies, plans, and budget
• produces materials for campaign activities
• supervises GOTV campaign staff and volunteers
Salary and benefits negotiable and commensurate with budget and experience. Thanks.
a/k/a John Burns
2nd Vice Chair
Wake County Democratic Party