1 John 3:17-18
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
So, after the deplorable acts of recklessness of this week, do "our" demonstratively heartless Governor and his rich, freedom-fried buddies in the NC House and Senate claim to be Christian? Can they do something in the interests of the people of North Carolina they are supposedly "serving?" All I've seen them do for their fellow man is to limit and deny care to the sick and the poor.
I grew up learning that Christianity was about LOVING thy neighbor, not just looking after one's own interests.
Hey WRAL or the News and Observer or someone, please ask all of them about their religious beliefs:
- What does it mean to you to be a Christian?
- Do you care about people in gener
- What have you done to prove this?
- Why did you want this job? (esp. Art Pope)
- Do you have a favorite prayer? Should I say it for your soul?
I'd really like to know what they'd say. Thanks for reading.