Go vote early and then get a neighbor or two to the polls. The North Carolina Conservation Network eliminates all excuses:
* EXCUSE #1: I don't have time to vote next Tuesday - I'm working, skydiving, walking the dog, etc. Luckily, you don't have to wait until next Tuesday to vote. You can vote all this week and even this Saturday at early voting locations throughout North Carolina.
* EXCUSE #2: North Carolina doesn't have any important races this year so my vote doesn't matter. North Carolina will be electing all 170 state legislators, all 13 Representatives to Congress, and the Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court. These elected officials will have enormous control over issues you care about. Visit http://www.ncvoterinfo.com/candidates.html to find information on the candidates in NC.
* EXCUSE #3: I don't know where I'm supposed to vote. Every registered voter in NC can look up their voter record online at the state board of elections. You can find out what political districts you live in, where to go to vote, and can even get a map to your polling place. Just type in your name at: http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/votersearch/seimsvot.htm
* EXCUSE #4: I don't know anything about the candidates. There are a number of places to go to find out information about the candidates: Go to http://www.ncvoterinfo.com/candidates.html and you can also check your local newspapers.
* EXCUSE #5: I can't find my voter registration card, do I need that to vote? No. If you've voted before at your current residence, you do not need to show any identification. If you've registered recently and have yet to vote at your current precinct, you will have to show proof of residence but can do that with a driver's license, utility bill, etc.