I caught this in the middle of last night's episode of Vanished:
More below the jump...
In case you were having as much trouble understanding what this "actor" had to say as she did reading her cue cards, here is a rough transcript:
This Heath Shuler, he seem like sucha nice young man, but he mus' be despert to ween. Hees tryina skeer us older folks 'bout sosha secyurty. Maybe he dudnt know how important soshacurity is to us. And that Charles Taylor. Never voted to cut soshacurity? If this Heath Shuler were mah kin, I'd warsh his mouth out. He should be ashamed, tryin' ta skeer us like that.
Here is some free advice for the Taylor campaign:
1) It's called "Social Security", not "soshacurity."
2) If you're going to get some old lady on camera saying that Charles Taylor never voted to cut "soshacurity", at least have to common decency to show her the following roll call records, where EVERY SINGLE TIME Taylor voted to raid the "soshacurity" trust fund.
- HCR 83, Vote #70, 3/28/01
- H Con Res 83, Vote #104, 5/9/01
- HCR 353, Vote #77, 3/20/02
- HCR 95, Vote #81, 3/21/03
- HCR 95, Vote #141, 4/11/03
- HCR 393, Vote #92, 3/25/04
- SCR 95, Vote #198, 5/19/04
- HCR 95, Vote #88, 3/17/05
- HCR 95, Vote # 149, 4/28/05
3) While you're at it, maybe you can show... I think we need to give her a name at this point. How about... Gladys Buckner? Yeah. Maybe you can show Gladys Taylor's vote on HR 2590 (Vote# 273) on 7/25/2001, where he supported Bush's "soshacurity" privatization plan by voting against an amendment to the Treasury Appropriations bill that would have prevented the White House from implementing it in the first place?
4) For God's sake, man! At least get someone who can speak frickin' ENGLISH!!! Jeebus, for a second there I thought Nell Kellty was going to wander into the frame doing her "Taeee inna WEEEEEND!" dance.
5) Most importantly - and you folks in the Taylor campaign really should pay attention here - lies will never become truth just because a sweet old lady like Gladys Buckner sits in front of a camera and reads them off of cue cards.