Oct. 11 Phone Bank: "Just a Spoonful of Sugar" making health care palatable for all
What?> Phone Bank: "Just a Spoonful of Sugar" - Let's Make Health-care Access Palatable for ALL!
When? Sun., Oct. 11, from 2 to 5 p.m.
Where? Organizing for America's Raleigh HQ (Raleigh, NC), 130 East Morgan Street in downtown Raleigh, NC 27601
Who? Patty Williams, MsSpentyouth, and Organizing for America
How? Sign up at MyBarackObama.com
WHAT ARE WE DOING? We're having fun, noshing great food, phone banking for better health-care coverage, and, above all, supporting Kim Yaman (aka MsSpentyouth here at Blue NC and DailyKos) as she fights the restrictions of her health insurance to get treatment for Cushing's disease.
WHAT DO I BRING?: A healthy appetite for health-care reform and a dish to share.
- If your name begins with A-O, bring an entree. If your name begins with P-Z, bring dessert.
- a fully-charged cell phone and a burning desire to move the healthcare reform mountain.
- an extra cell-phone charger and/or laptop if you've got 'em
WHAT'S THE AFTERNOON'S AGENDA?:
- Introduction to the OFA NC staff and lead volunteers
- Short teleconference with national OFA leader
- Kim's story: "I can't afford this diagnosis, even with my insurance"
- "Five MYTHS, Five FACTS" training
- Eat, call, and be merry!
Read more from last Friday's N&O front-page story: "Her Coverage, Salary, Savings Don't Pay the Bills."
Sign up here. We can change this system, one call and one conversation at a time. We've done it before and we'll do it again. Yes, we will!
BlueNC is dedicated to making North Carolina a more progressive and prosperous state. If your intention is to disrupt this effort, please find somewhere else to express your opinions.