Submitted by James on Sun, 11/04/2012 - 12:56pm
Things I learned about America and North Carolina during this election season, no matter who wins what.
- With more than a decade of electioneering under his belt, Art Pope has proven he’s the smartest guy in the room. With an ego to match.
- After defining the Church of the Latter Day Saints as a cult for most of the last century, evangelical Christians today would apparently rather kiss the ring of a Mormon bishop instead of vote for a nigger.
- North Carolina would be in a much better place if Richard Moore had won the gubernatorial primary in 2008. I'm sorry I didn't support him.
- At least the US will have one great woman Senator in Washington. I'm envious.
- Republicans like Pat McCrory who complain about North Carolina’s business climate are full of crap.
- Some disappointments will never end.